Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the Communications Assistant will provide support to internal partners in communicating with associates across the organization. This individual will work closely with members of the Corporate Communications team to meet the business communication needs of internal partners by executing integrated communications solutions. The Communications Assistant will also contribute to building and maintaining positive relationships with internal partners by collaborating to deliver high-quality communications.
• Writing content for internal communications vehicles (announcements, video scripts, messaging, HBC News e-newsletter and intranet content (HBC Net, My.HBC, My LT) and posting content to intranet and extranet sites
• Monitoring and managing communications mailbox accounts as required (Internal Communications, Corporate Communications mailbox).
• Coordinating company-wide emails and announcements (organizational announcements, senior executive messages, quarterly financial results).
• Create and manage content for TVs – Brampton and NY offices including production of HBC News e-newsletter.
• Communication planning and project co-ordination for associate programs and initiatives
• Special projects & event coordination including administrative duties as required
• A University degree or college diploma in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field.
• A minimum of one to three years of communication experience in corporate communications.
• Thorough knowledge of communication principles and solid understanding of Social Media tools and applications.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills.
• Proficient use and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with web applications.
• A strong eye for design; proficiency with Adobe In Design, Photoshop an asset.
• Ability to coordinate projects and see through to completion; demonstrates ownership and accountability for projects. High degree of initiative
• A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work well both independently and as member of a team with strong focus on customer service.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deliver projects on time in a dynamic environment.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.