The Role of the Senior Sourcing and Production Manager is to ensure the development and execution of the sourcing strategy while understanding the core competencies of our vendor base. The Senior Sourcing and Production Manager is specifically accountable for leveraging the supplier base in order to ensure financial objectives are achieved based on the profit model established by the merchandising team.
• Effectively manage and execute HBC’s requirements with respect to inventory management, payment terms, claims, penalties and discounts, while ensuring vendor relationships are preserved
• Monitor flow of production forecasts to vendors to ensure consistent in stock of AR programs while working with merchants and planning teams
• Provide sourcing and technical expertise as well as information on competitors' assortment buys to the product development team
• Upon analysis of product, identify market and vendor base most appropriate for the order to provide best value for the final product
• Assure the quality of goods sourced meets the policy expectations of HBC by partnering with internal/external quality assurance teams (i.e. Social Compliance)
• Work with overseas factories and agents to explore current trends, latest fabrications, and best sourcing practices
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, preferably MBA designation
• Minimum 3-5 years in a similar role
• Strong business and sophisticated analytical skills
• Excellent core negotiation skills are critical for this position; must be experienced in purposeful questioning, focused listening, responding to cues while negotiating, shaping direction of meeting, and resolving impasses in order to secure a win/win agreement
• Must have strong and relevant background in product knowledge and in testing an approvals and bottom-up costing
• Excellent people and communication skills
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.